
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
how was the label conceived?
The brand started in 2007, when i was 22 years old,Just as i liked fasion, I want to be a fashion designer too. but during that time, the korea's fashion scene was filled with young and casual brands, and that wasn't my cup of tea. I wanted something that was more glamourous, blinged up and cheap. I like divas like madonna, kylie minogue and beyonce. I respect their music and style so I created Fleamadonna!
Was it a smooth sailing process?
Three years ago, aside from designing for the label, so did my own press releases, sales and everything. It was really hard. but i did it because this is my dream job. Things are definitely much better now as i have both a designer and a graphic designer.
We heard your father was the one who first taught you pattern cutting, did he fuel your passion for fashion?
Yes, my father's a pattern maker and in 1970, he and my mother opened a boutique in my hometown. We had a small factory and I stayed there quite often when i moved to college in seoul. So when I was very much younger, I always saw fashion as my destiny. My dad always supported me and taught me the technical aspects of the trait.
Your collection has graced the pages of Vogue, Nylon, Dazed & confused and now, JUICE. Did you expect your designs to travel that far when you first started?
No, I'm still a small company so I'm very grateful for people liking what i do and wanting to interview me. I really love this interview with JUICE!
And We love you too! But tell us about the sequins and lace we see in your latest collection.
This is collection is inspired by divas from the '80s. I mean, i do like Lady gaga, beyonce and new-school Madonna, but the '80s were golden! whenever I have the time, I would listen to old songs and watch old movies. Someon once said thay my clothes are not easy to wear. I know that but look at my brand name, Fleamadonna; Forever Madonna! Be it special fabrics or anything else, I just want to make things that are special. I want to be diffrent from other designers.
Fleamadonna is available exclusively at Actuall..., 29 Seah street, singapore.
T:+65 6336 7298
No comments:
Post a Comment